“I’m real-life hurt and traumatized.”
UPDATE (July 20, 2020): Last week, Megan Thee Stallion corrected false reports of her arrest and revealed that she was shot multiple times. The rapper recently took to Twitter to voice out her thoughts on the incident and said:
“Black women are so unprotected and we hold so many things in to protect the feelings of others w/o considering our own. It might be funny to y’all on the internet and just another messy topic for you to talk about but this is my real life and I’m real-life hurt and traumatized.”
On July 16, Page Six reported that Tory Lanez allegedly shot Stallion. “Tory fired the shots from within the vehicle while Megan was outside trying to leave,” a source told the publication. The Los Angeles Police Department told People that Lanez posted a $35,000 USD bail and is scheduled for a court appearance on October 13.
The investigation is still ongoing, so stay tuned while we wait for more details to surface.
ORIGINAL STORY (July 15, 2020): Megan Thee Stallion has issued a statement regarding her involvement in the arrest of Tory Lanez, who was taken into custody on July 12 for carrying a concealed firearm in his vehicle.
According to Billboard, the incident leading up to Lanez’s arrest occurred in the early hours of the morning, when police responded to a call reporting a disturbance outside of a Hollywood Hills home.
The “Hot Girl Summer” rapper was present in Lanez’s car when police arrived. Earlier reports detail a cut on her foot, which led the police to search the vehicle and ultimately, discover Lanez’s firearm. Now, Megan Thee Stallion’s recently issued statement clarifies that she was shot multiple times. She characterizes her gunshot wounds as “a result of a crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me.” The rapper, who is expected to make a full recovery, goes on to state that she was not arrested during the incident.
Head to Megan Thee Stallion’s Instagram to read her full statement.